gotta get through tomorrow and then
- HOPEFULLY half-price margaritas and tornado nachos (i can’t really afford either but fuuuuck everything, i’m gonna treat myself)
- three days off, which will be spent doing all sorts of adulting things i am not at all looking forward to — resume rewriting, job hunting, filling out applications, figuring out how in the fuck linkedin works, going to the bank and asking for a 1k loan re: car, setting up a kickstarter also re: car, posting things on ebay — BUT i’ll also hopefully have some time to binge on x-files and read SO
listen to angie b., kids: DON’T EVER GROW UP. IT’S A TRAP. ADULTHOOD IS NOTHING BUT PAIN AND SUFFERING. BE A SMALL TINY CHILD AND STAY IN SCHOOL FOREVER. ugggggh.
poor agent pendrell has SUCH a crush on scully, bless.
so to recap, in the first three seasons:
- mulder’s sister disappears (taken when they were kids)
- scully’s dad dies (natural causes/heart attack)
- deep throat dies (shot by fucking MIB)
- scully’s sister dies (shot in the head by fucking MIB)
- mulder’s dad dies (shot by fucking krychek)
- mulder’s mum has a stroke (and is healed by alien bounty hunter dude)
- mr. x dies (shot by fucking MIB)
which leaves scully’s as-yet-unseen brothers and scully’s mum. THEY ARE NOT MAINTAINING A GOOD TRACK RECORD FOR FAMILY/SUPPORT SYSTEM SURVIVAL AND HEALTH HERE.
also i just watched “home”, one of the few eps i can remember vividly watching on TV and goddddddddd creepy inbred murder families are the fucking WORST. always a surefire horror trope.
and my manager says “for the pride… for the love…” at work and I’M THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THE REFERENCE.